Saturday, August 15, 2009

Everybody Run!! Its the 5 O

I had to write about this one because its a first for me and funny. Another note to stupid people: Do not park your vehicle illegally if you are going to a house party; do not upset the neighbors by blocking the roadway not allowing them to get to their house; they will call the police. So if you don't know where this is going I'll let you in on it.

Call comes across vehicle blocking the roadway parked on the wrong side of the street. I'm thinking maybe there's something going on but I highly doubt anything that interesting...it is Sugar Land. Well low and behold I get there and like 30 cars are parked in the street. I roll down my windows and listen for loud music or crazy noises and I don't hear a thing. I search around and kind of notice most of the vehicles are congregated toward one house. I walk up to the house and up in the window what do I see but teenagers smoking dope at the window. I'm watching them for a minute puff and pass and then decide to do what ultimately has to be done; I knock on the front door. And to no surprise all the lights in the house go out and I hear them upstairs talking about I think the cops are here.

Naturally no one comes to the door. I start to make my way around back and notice a couple kids walking away from the house on the golf course. I start to walk after them and I guess at some point they turned around and saw me cuz all of sudden RUN RUN RUN!! I take about 3 strides and realize 100 yards and 20 pounds of equipment is not going to catch a bunch of adrenaline high 18 year old. They did drop their Vodka though so HA!! your loss.

Some more units arrive and the back door was left open so we stroll on in and find like 30 more kids inside. Some of them are 15 years old. There were about 100 cups with beer, liquor, beer bongs, cans of beer, and all sorts of party equipment. So the 18 year old kid whose house it is goes to jail and his 15 year old sister gets a ticket.

The sad thing is that none of these party animal kids gave a shit about what happened. Its just another busted up party. So when they get to college they think drinking is the way of life and fail out of school. They end up back at home with mom and dad at age 20 and we get stuck dealing with them as they continue to do their drugs and drink like fish. Horrible perpetual cycle of job security.

No comments: