Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Only in this Line of Work

First day at work and nottin happenen. The day flew by but nothing good going down all day long. I'd really rather start my day with a good arrest and end the day with another good arrest. Why don't the bad guys just flock to me? Might be the car. That whole "Police" written on the side of it. Or maybe the light bar on top. Guess most people don't drive around in a car with lights on the top. Maybe that gives me away. They must flee from the sight of me.

I haven't commented on this yet because I didn't think it was nearly as funny as it is now. Way back in March I made a traffic stop on a lady from Manvel TX. Its a little town south of Sugar Land on Hwy 6. Normal stop because I can't read her license plate. It turns out to be a temporary Kansas paper plate. I ask the lady how long shes been in TX and she says a few months. You had 30 days to register the vehicle in TX at that time. It had been more than 30 days. So naturally I write a citation and tell her to register her vehicle appropriately. And the shit storm starts from there!!

In May, after she declines to take care of her citation, she sends myself, the city attorney, and the judge a letter stating she is going to sue us for all this wierd made up stuff. I harrassed her and caused her undue stress and the "arrest" I made was unlawful and violated her civil rights. She said all of that in a three page letter that was suppose to sound legitimate. It wasn't...my wife and the city attorney had a good laugh at her attempt at legal jargon.

Then about a month ago they attempt to serve the now failure to appear warrant on her and can't make contact with her. She has since replaced her license plate with a paper tag that says "Sugar Land's Terror". The warrant officer discovers that her husband is running an illegal vehicle purchasing company. He is taking advantage of a Tax break by stating he is purchasing the vehicles in Texas to transfer to Kansas and thus doesn't have to pay some sort of tax on them. But the vehicles are not being taken to Kansas. So now the husband is facing possible felony fraud charges. And it gets better.

I recieved a letter in my box today from the husband that is declaring the judge must step down from his job and pay him and his wife $100,000 a piece from all the undue stress and injustice that has been done to him by the judge and his coconspirators (the city and all of us Officers involved). If the judge does not agree to this he will bring a suit against us under the "RICO" statute for violating his civil rights where he believes the total loss and deserved restitution is some where in the ball park of 200 MILLION DOLLARS!!

All this over a simple registration citation. If she took care of the registration before she came up to the court she would have paid $10.00 in court fees and had the citation dismissed. She would've been out a whopping 75 dollars after fees and gas milage. Now we're going to be sued for millions of dollars by a complete wack job. YAY!!

No comments: