Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cartwheeling Dollys and Bad Guys Locked Up

The title sounds like so much fun!! I have to start with the amazing spark flinging, lane crossing, furniture moving cartwheeling dolly from hell. That's right everyone. Did you know that when objects fall out of the back of your truck at 70 mph they don't just come to a complete stop when they hit the ground? Little lesson in physics; shit not secured in your dam car does travel at the same speed that your going and does smash my car when it hits it!! Don't worry folks my car is okay (minus one front left fog light and a bit of paint). Some jack ass decided he didn't need to secure the dolly in his vehicle and after it no shit did like three cartwheels across three lanes of traffic on I-10, shooting sparks all over the roadway, it came to rest directly in front of my car as I squealed my brakes praying it doesn't flip into the air and through my windshield. I'm lucky enough to roll right over the top of it instead of swerving and crashing into the cars next to me. Driving is so EXCITING in Houston!!!

You know how there are the "haves" and the "have nots" in the world. And the unfortunate or maybe less fortunate, or as I like to say the freakin lazy give me everything I want without any hard work, persons who want to be the other guy. One way of achieving that is making sure your family has everything they want. Right down to your 4 year old having the latest in expensive youth fashion. So I ask you whats the best way to provide the little extra that we want. You can A: work some overtime and make the extra money you need, B: get a job to pay for it since you aren't employed anyway, C: put it on credit and slowly but surely pay for it, or D: steal it!! thus driving up the cost for the people who chose option A-C since your too lazy or stupid to do any of the other less illegal and socially acceptable methods listed above. And why does your 4 year old need 600 dollars worth of Polo clothing anyway? Who the hell is judging your kid so much that you feel he needs to be better dressed? Is Kindergarten really that harsh these days? I thought cooties were the biggest concern at that age. Clothing insults really shouldn't start until at least middle school. So the next time you want to steal a small wardrobe for yourself, consider doing it at Good Will, more cloths for less money equals less jail time when you get caught.

Last week was one hell of a succesful week. We took a group of car burglars off the streets and a small group of misguided youth dognappers in to custody in two days. I got to point my gun at someone for the first time ever as a cop along with driving fast with lights and sirens. Not as nerve racking as it would seem. Traffic stops have me in jitters more than that did. The guy was completely compliant and him and his buddy are facing a couple of car burglary charges (another case of the "have nots" wanting someone elses stuff). The dognappers are even more screwed than the car guys. Texas is a firm believer in my home is my castle and if you aren't invited into my castle and you break into it, your ganna pay. Three people, all under 20, but thankfully of adult age, are going to find out what prison is like. They not only broke into a house but stole the family dog. I believe she said "but it was so cute I couldn't leave it there." What kind of sick bastard takes your dog? We're all waiting to see when Texas will come out with a family pet clause to kidnapping. Make a special enhancer to burglary of habitation or a new charge for stealing pets. Could turn it into a capital offense, committing a felony during the act of another felony. Get the death penalty or life in prison for kidnapping a dog during a burglary. That would make people think twice.

I would like to extend a great thanks to the witnesses who called the above incidents in. We wouldn't have so easily caught the car guys or the dognappers had regular citizens not been so observant or so helpful. So remember when your sitting at home and you hear a loud noise from next door, take a second away from TV or computer time and look around. Don't just freak out and call the cops for nothing, but grab your cell phone and look out the window. You might be the next person to save your neighbor from losing thier computer, or lawn equipment, or family pet.

4 comments:

Tim said...

now see, I always thought you were hoping someone would come in and take one of your dogs...one in particular...

Amanda said...

Hey, if someone could come in and convince her to go with them, I don't know that I could be that sad, she chose strangers over us, at least Bubba would be happy!

Kevin Longtin said...

And Scooter wouldn't leave with strangers...not without a treat

Tim said...

you make a good point, she would rather tear off some flesh then go with them...