Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pizza, Beer, and Wall-E

I don't think I'm as big of a nerd as my brother but I can't be too far off. My wife is out of town so I'm all alone this weekend. I worked yesterday for 15 hours and had a good time. A couple of arrests and a lot of paper work. I have the next three days off and not a lot to do.

Today I slept in until almost 1:00PM. I know kind of crazy huh. I fell asleep in the living room in my chair. I do that a lot when I'm home by myself. The bed is so empty and lonely. I moved into bed around seven in the morning. Only reason I woke up was because my dog had his nose in my face trying to wake me up. I'm glad they did though because it was a gorgeous day out, so I took the dogs for a long walk and enjoyed the 80 degrees and blue sky. I completed the afternoon with a bit of rock band and a couple of beers. I wish I would have taken up an instrument when I was a kid. I played a lot of sports and that was fun but I really think the drums would have been awesome. I started the early evening with some TV and a short nap on the couch; no idea how I was tired but I fell asleep sure enough.

When I woke up I decided to finally watch Wall-E. I bought it almost a month ago for my birthday. So I ordered myself a thin crust Domino's pizza with a bunch of toppings that I never get. I grabbed a beer from the fridge and started the movie. It is a fantastic movie. For as little dialog as there was and for the use of machine noises to simulate emotion it had a great story. Not to mention the political message behind the entire concept of the movie. Any one else think that's where the earth is heading? I know I won't live long enough to see it happen but is it really that absurd? Makes me fear for mankind. So does this whole day make me as big a nerd as my brother. I didn't watch the hours and hours of special features. Its amazing though how much we depend on our significant others for entertainment and company. We may have done the same thing if she had been home but it would have been a completely different experience. I would have been much happier and not depressed because the robot had a friend and all I have are my dogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, you do love me :)

brian said...

NO CONTEST. you point guns at dudes for a living. i surf the internet and think of how to make interesting sales pitches all day, and read/watch/play stuff almost every other waking hour. to out-nerd me would take a major time commitment!

Tim said...

I think you're a nerd hiding in a cops body...

Kevin Longtin said...

I agree with Tim.