Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dust and Jake

I do believe the worst chore in the world is dusting. It reminds you of how dirty you are and how disgusting your house is when you start wiping the dirt away from all your furniture. Toilets aren't as bad as dusting. Washing my car isn't as bad as dusting. And now I feel dirty than ever. Because you really can't catch all the dust. Inevitably you just stir some of it off into the air and it lands on the closest thing; you. And now I'm dusty; in my mouth, up my nose, my eyes, and my hands feel like sludge. Not to mention I can't stop sneezing and won't be able to for about 2 days.

The vaccum seems to have the same effect. It collects quite a bit; enough to make a small poodle with the dog hair it picks up, but it still just stirs up all the small particles in the air and covers my whole body in a thin film of gunk. Cleaning is so much fun.

So I choose music to make it more enjoyable. Today it was Less Than Jake. Rocking to the Jake is one of my favorite things to do any day of the week; so add it to cleaning and I'm in a mediocre state of being that made the last two hours not so bad. Of course when the dust settles and I can breath again it'll all be worth it for about 3 days until the dogs shed more and dust blows in. The perpetual cycle of cleaning.

No comments: