Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Foutain Lake Loop

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Foutain Lake Loop

Shared via AddThis

I'm finally to 7 minute miles on my 1 1/2 mile. I can't believe I've allowed myself to get so out of shape. I also can't believe how hard it is to get back into shape. I'm not really enjoying this 26 year old body of mine. I can't tell if I'm just experiencing aches and pains because of my work out routines and lack of stretching or techniques or if it could be the dreaded age.

Have I been so poor to my body that its catching up finally? Is that possible when your only 26? And if either of those can be answered YES then what the hell do I do to reverse it?

I can't be this out of shape this early in my life. I have so many dreams and goals that require physical and mental prowess I can't be held back from minor injuries and an unenthusiastic will. I need a punch in the face to get up off my butt. Dam you Netflix and Xbox.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I struggle to run a ten minute mile... so don't feel so bad. Granted I weigh alot more than you do and I have to lose alot of that to decreaqse my run time, and I have never been in as good as shape as you but I don't think you should feel like your life ambitions are hindered because of a 7 minute mile...

Kevin Longtin said...

its not so much the time as the how I feel when I'm finished...like I don't ever want to run again in my life because my next step could mean my body falls apart.